Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kids of Steel Triathlon

Having just cheered a friend on in Ironman, Samuel and Teigan both decided that they wanted to do the Kids of Steel Triathlon. Liam said, "I could be wrong, but I don't really think it sounds like that much fun." Ha!

IMG_4153

IMG_4311

Teigan's little set up at the transition area. We are first time triathletes (not me - them) and boy we learned a lot for the next time. And yes, they both want to do it again.

IMG_4154

Little bitty... it was only 13 degrees when the race started and they had to get into the lake. She was cold before she even got in the water. I was SO crazy proud of her; all 37 little pounds of her. At one point, I didn't know if she was going to get in there or not.

IMG_4168

IMG_4172

IMG_4182

IMG_4188

IMG_4190

Ya, we also realized through this experience that both the kids - actually all three of them - need new bikes! They are way too small. And while Teigan didn't notice, she was the only little girl on a hand-me-down boys bike. I do love that she didn't give a lick. Especially since the next one coming is Liam's old one - however it is just way too big at this point.

IMG_4215

Crossing the finish line!

IMG_4258

IMG_4268

IMG_4271

IMG_4289

IMG_4299

IMG_4305

What a great experience. Liam even says that he MIGHT do it next year.

No comments: